Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Yesterday I got a chance to create!  Working at The Paper Crafts Store gives me a bunch of great products to choose from!!  I have been dying to play with the large Pop Bottle Caps from Maya Road.  I don't have the jumbo ones, but the large one.
   I have been making a lot Christmas cards with the new Kaiser Craft  "St. Nicolas" collection.  Of course, there are always scraps.  So I started putting different pieces together....and I like it!
 
 A 3" punch makes it easy to cut a background. I cut this out of the leftover corner of  "Santa Clause". It goes without saying that everything  I add, has a touch of inking to  it!  I usually prefer to use Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

  I love to fussy cut with my new Elizabeth's Crafts Fine Point scissors.  I have arthritis in my right thumb, and the ease of these scissors allows me to craft longer. So I cut out the bells in the corner, leaving a couple of leaves for texture. I outlined the edge of the bells with my Jelly Roll Stardust Pen. It adds a light shimmer. Some foam dots for more dimension holds it into the bottle cap. I didn't like the fact that the paper base "gapped" around the edges.  So I added a thick band of gold Stickles around the edge. I stamped on black card stock some sentiment and embossed it with white.Some bling to make the berries more prominent, satisfied my desire for more sparkles!
 My Crop-a-Dile punched a whole with ease through the top edge of the pop cap. I used a string of embroidery floss ( with a bead tied to the inside) to hang it up. I love the way it turned out...and with the Pop Caps selling for only 75 cents, it makes an amazingly affordable gift. I need to make one for my mailman, hairdresser, Shirley next door, our land lady....this list goes on!

So, with the weather threatening to shut us in...grab your supplies and create something special for your gift list.
   I'm Dreamin' of two days of crafting...you keep Dreamin' too..

Pammie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...