Monday, October 25, 2010

Blog Candy and A Nerdy Bird

Good Monday Dreamers!
Some o you know I do blog hops from time to time.  Well I have found several great, and a few not so great blogs doing this.   I have to tell you all about this Blog Candy I found!  It is being offered over at Scrap with Stacy , on blogspot.  She is giving away..
All of this stuff -

1 pkg Grungeboard (plain elements 94 shapes)
1 pkg Grungeboard (alphas- 234 letters, 9 fonts)
1 pkg Ranger Enamel Accents (black & white)
1 pkg Fragments (48 pieces- rectangles & squares)
1 pkg Sprockets Gears (12 pieces)
1 pkg keyholes (5 keyholes, 10 fasteners)
1 pkg Word Keys (7 keys)
1 pkg Muse Tokens (12 tokens)
1 pkg Swivel Clasps (6 small, 6 large)
1 pkg Trinket Pins (15 pins)
3 Mini Masks- 1 Floret (7 pieces)
1 Compass (1 piece)
1 Regal (2 pieces)
1 Ranger Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy
3 Ranger Distress Ink Pads - Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade & Wild Honey
 Hop over there and find out how you can win! 

I have been struggling to crop with the thumb splint on my right hand (looonnnnggg story!), so I would have something to blog.  A week ago Patty challenged us in our face book group to finish a project from any class we took at CKC.  I took a class from one of the 2 best teachers there, Darby, and love it.  We used Sassafras Lass paper kit Nerdy Bird and Nikki Sivils Tree chipboard album.  Wonderful products!  Her chipboard is somehow different, and doesn't puff up s much when you use wet adhesives.  And the edges don't fray as bad when you sand them! If you haven't seen her products you should visit them on her site, http://www.nikkisivils.com.




So I never do the original kit, don't follow instructions at all! Hers said, "I'm a nerdy bird"  and I have 2 nerdy birds so I changed it.  The ruffle around the edge is 24" of paper that we fan folded, then stretched around the edges, glued it, and held it in place.  With only 2 hands, mind you!  Challenging for me.  The little bird and books  were fussy cut from a piece of the patterned paper.  Oh, and the ruffle is "sandwiched" between the cover and a piece of oval chipboard.

 
 
 
Because the book was intended to be about a studious child and their school journey, I pretty much threw her directions aside and branched fully out on my own!  (Sorry the picture isn't very good, but it was taken at 1:30 am, with my left hand!)  The stickers in this set are very very strong.  I love it when I know they will hold up to handling. 
   My twin grandsons love to be silly in front of a camera.  So it was hard deciding which ones to put it.  These are the the only fully completed pages, as my hand started aching quickly, and without the use of the right apposable thumb, small pieces were almost impossible!    I hope you enjoyed the pages, and I promise to finish up the other 3 pages as quick as I can (going for the sympathy vote with a little wine!)
 
I'm dreaming of  a healthy thumb.  You keep dreamin' too

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...