Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Very Creative Cuts & Crafts

I said a couple of days ago that I had been busy practicing craft, so I wanted to show you a little peek of a project.  I can't show all in case hubby reads my blog...it is a gift for him for his birthday. His Grandfather Lee had a large hand in raising Steve, and I am going to make it a tribute book.  He was a wonderful gift from God for Steve. It is called a man's book. 

 I took this class at Creative Cuts & Crafts in Villa Park last week with Linda, a co-owner teaching.  She does wonderful books.  And she's a great, patient teacher.  She need be with the thousands of questions I have and all the help I need!  These books are all handmade, completely. (OK we don't make the paper, but you get my drift!


 We made the cover from chipboard, did some construction on pages, sewed signatures, and bound the signatures together with leather straps.  In our kit there was a wooden frame in which to put a picture or title for your book.  It was a wonderful process....I LOVE IT!!   We used the wonderful Graphic 45 paper and lots of rich embellishments! 



If you can, get over to the store and sign up for a class.  All the teacher's are creative and fun.  And it's not big box store classes...these are true art classes.  They have a huge selection of stamps and card supplies, and even have a space for you to come in and do cards.  I sound like an advertisement, but really I just LOVE THIS PLACE!!

It's nice to find a place where they are living their dreams....they help me keep Dreamin'

1 comment:

  1. Oh pshaw, Pam....blush...blush...blush. Glad you have found us and get it! So much of what we do is for the love of people and crafting. I like to say we are 'small but mighty' And our wonderful returning customers help us to continually improve. Thanx
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...