Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Not too Blue

I have lots of things to share...just can't quit scrapping long enough to type!  I appreciate all those who blog every day..WOW!  Lot's of time involved.
  Back on task now...I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA AGAIN!!!  You may remember my daughter was so sick at Christmas with a tubal pregnancy/rupture?  Well, she is definitely fertile and is in her 6th week with a new blessing.  I decided I should celebrate by finally scrapping her 2 and a half year old son's birth.  Now I'm not a bad Grandma--I have scrapped him for her album, just hadn't gotten to mine yet
I goofed up by taking the photos of the layouts at different times of day, so the colors don't look the same...but I promise it is the same paper!He was born in Ellsworth, Maine, not far from the ocean.  The first half I focused on his birth, which was  a little rough...he was suctioned into the birth canal. When Tami checked in for her scheduled c-section, she was in labor and didn't know it!  (She carried a gun for the Navy..what I can say except she's tough!?!)  
          The bruise on his head is of the doctor's fingers, as she tried to un-suction him. His hands had no color, cause his cord was wrapped around his neck a few times.  Hence the bruises around his neck.   The photos on the following page are at the ocean below Eagle Bluff Inn outside Winter Harbor.  (Great b&b if you are up that way!)  He was a week old in these.  And could a mom & dad ever look happier? 
   I used paper from My Mind's Eye from the paper pack Twinkle little Boy.  I had one scalloped chipboard which matches the pattern on the star paper.  So I fussy-cut the flat piece on the first page.  My rick-rack was burnt orange and didn't quite fit..so I dirtied it up with Distress Ink. I added fuzzy star brads from Making Memories on either end to hold it down.  
And Distress Ink to the rescue again on page 2, where my 7 Gypsies tag was a little too manila.  I just changed it with a little ink and a squirt bottle!  A chipboard star covered in coordinating paper & a quote from DejaVu vellum page and !!! a great 2 page layout!  If I do say so myself!  And I have to, cause there is no one else here! 
   Hope you are all taking some time to enjoy your craft and keep dreamin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...