Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wild Paper

Do you ever find a piece of paper that you just know...I'll never use that in a layout. But you find yourself at an all day crop, ready to do a layout, only to discover that you don't have the right color of cardstock to go with page 2? And of course, you aren't at a store, so let's make do? That would be me, last Saturday. I wanted to post to my Memory-Works site, but they require at least 80% be something bought from them..or at least that they sell. So I dug through the Monstrosity packet from Sassafrass Lass and made a quick decision. (Quit laughing! I can do those!) And I really like the outcome.

I have so many pictures of the twins and Ethan, just normal days, that really make me smile. And sometimes down right laugh at the memory of it. But they don't fit in holidays, swimming,or birthdays. Just funny days with Grandma & Grandpa. And some of these were the last week or so before our move to Chicago-land, they make me a bit teary.

I didn't do anything fancy, except take a chance on the wild black paper. Oh! and I had another page that was the journal blocks and flat embellies. So I found 2 that matched a felt monster and mounted them there.

I think it turned out pretty cute. Grandma loves her some boys.
If you haven't checked out the forum site, Dream Talkin', you should join up. I am trying hard to keep challenges going. I would love to have it be like some of the sites I visit on a daily basis. And I still have space available for the retreat. Everyone needs some time away for quality scrapbooking. Find out the particulars at Dreams & Memories.biz. And keep dreamin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...