Friday, March 08, 2013

IS IT MARCH ALREADY??

   I can't believe it!  Where is the time goig?  Remember when you were a kid and the days clicked by soo  slowly?  And now the calendar tells me we are a week in to March, when I just took the last of my Christmas decorations down last week.  Oh, wait, I did just take my angels and Nativity scene down last week!  I love it so much!! My Grandma Gash would leave it up year round...reminded her of baby Jesus!  And now I have her set, which my mom made in ceramics class in 1978.  Now it makes me think of the 2 of them!  Good memories.
    Speaking of memories....are you getting yours on paper? With the store it seems that I hardly have time...I miss scrapbooking every day. I am working on a layout using the newest BoBunny collection, Prairie Chic.  It also reminds me of my mom!  She grew up in a poor dirt farmer family 6 miles east of Woodward, OK.  But the glamour of Hollywood always seemed to call her.  I have tons of pictures of her striking a pose that would've made any pin-up girl blush.  And they were always with a clapboard house or the old barn behind her.  Even one on the wheel well of the tractor!!  Very sexy indeed.

   Like I said, it isn't finished yet, but here is what I have....
    The main sheet of paper I chose has the clapboard look to it...the sides are scattered with things you would find around a farmyard...old car tags (why did we never throw those away?), some boots, and scattered flowers.  The back side of this paper is bright! I fussy cut around the boots so they would overlap my large mat of barn wood. I always ink lightly to take away that "fresh cut" look.  

This collection comes with fantastic 
dimensional stickers, one that I am using 
just beside the boots.  It says "Moments in time"
and is layered banners, topped with the paper lace.
Another sheet of paper I used was Calico.  I primarily used the bottom side...again fussy cutting all the way across.  It is full of "lace" roses, mason jars, birds  etc.  I popped it up on chipboard and on foam dots to create the deep shadow. 

I added stickles to the roses and Glossy Accents to the mason jars. Dimension is so important in my layouts.  And is easy to achieve without adding bulk.Inking around edges (which is different than getting it dirty) adds a slight visual difference.  
    So there you have it...so far.  I need to make copies of two photos.  They are the only copies of pictures from the 40's.  I love preserving my past...one layout at a time.   
   I would love to see some of your layouts.  You can join us on Facebook at The Paper Crafts Store.  It's a place to see all our new products and get some great tips.  Hope to see you there.  Until then......
Keep Dreamin'

Pammie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...