Saturday, August 06, 2011

Dog Days of Summer Blog Hop!

      
 Welcome to the Creative Scrapbooking Divas' "Dog Days of Summer" Blog Hop! Yes, it's all about summer, and I hope you have been enjoying the wonderful blogs.  I can't wait to hop this morning!

   If you are just joining me now, you can go to Luisa’s blog to start at the beginning so you won’t miss a hop stop and can be eligible for the blog hop prize.

Here is the CSDivas Divalicious Dog Days of Summer Grand Prize:

To earn a ticket you need to:
1) Live a comment in each of the hop stops.
                         2) Leave a comment at the CSDivas blog when you are done.

After you've done that, you can also earn extra tickets by:

a) Become a follower of our CSDivas blog!
b) Become a Fan of our Facebook Fan Page
c) Add a summer project to Mr Linky below

Here's our Tour List, in case you get lost along the way:
Luisa - Creative Designs by Luisa http://www.creativedesignsbyluisa.com/
Sandy - ScrapBook Blessings http://www.scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com/
Stephanie – The Magic of Ordinary Days http://todaysmagical.blogspot.com/
Pam - Dreamers Klub 
 http://dreamersklub.blogspot.com/
Jessica- Jessica's Blog
 http://jessicascraftshaque.blogspot.com/
Alecia - Welcome to Alecia's
 http://freakalecias.blogspot.com/   

       So let's get started.. I love summer time.  But when they said we were going to us "Dog Days" for our theme...I knew exactly what I was going to scrap.  You see, having grown up in Oklahoma, that is not a cute little phrase, but a true season there.  It starts about July 3 and continues until about August 11. It is a hot, hot time in Oklahoma and other southwestern states.  If you want to read about how it got it's name....go here. It's kinda interesting.
    This summer in Okla. has lived up to it's reputation with heat.  In fact, only a few years have been as bad...or worse.  In 1980, it was worse....with the heat not ending until late September.  How do I know?  I delivered my 2nd son on 8-8-80!  There wasn't enough air-conditioners in the US to get this fat lady cool!!
    Steve would take our older son to the local lake, Keystone, to swim and play on the beach.  I didn't go very often, cause I would swell up like a toadstool!!  Don't worry, there are no scary pictures like that here!  Only cute ones of my son Patrick, who was 19 months old.
  This layout is a mix of new and old products  The kraft cardstock has become my newest favorite color! (I use it too much, I know) The lined paper is from the new Lost and Found set from My Mind's Eye.  It was the right color, had a nice shape on the top and sides.  So, I simply cut the pretty glittery pieces off.  I will use them on a card or as a home made embellishment.

The bottom layer is from K&Co.  paper that I was "saving" cause it was pretty! I have lots of those! The color matched well with the yellowy/orange of the old photos.(don't get me wrong..the lake was "turning over" and the water was actually that red.  Usual for August). I needed a little dark to pop the pictures a bit, so I used some heavy paper from October Afternoon (love their new line!!!)  The alphas were stickers from pink paislee and the ribbon from Cosmo Cricket "Mr Campy" line. Everything else was just stuff from my stash. 
   Here's a close up  of the wonderful velvet ribbon from CC.  And yes girls, I used my own handwriting..the grand kids will love hearing about Uncle Pat and seeing Grandma's writing.  Trust me, I've lost all my elders, and I cherish anything written by them.
    I hope I haven't been too wordy again today.  I haven't talked to you all in a while...but I'll tell you about my busyness at a later date!  And I hope that you have been inspired to pick up some old photos and get them on paper.  This is the story of your life and it deserves to be told.  I'll have the other page posted on Sunday morning, if you want to check back.
 
Please leave a comment (to be entered in the contest) and feel free to look around my blog.  I really don't mind...I love it.  If you like what you see, please be my friend!! 
Now you are off to Jessica's  blog to see what she has in store for you!!

Girls I'm Dreamin' of cooler weather..you keep Dreamin' too!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Pam! I love MME paper! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a check to see if comments work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout Pammie! Sounds like we have a couple of things in common! I save: My Mind's Eye, K & Company, Crate Paper, October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket, Webster's Pages, Graphic 45, the list goes on and on. I also can be quite wordy! So I'd love to be your friend! I'll start by following your blog, okay?...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your LO! It's so cute and I love the title!

    Happy Scrappin
    Angela
    http://wwwcreativecreationsbyangela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks girls. I am not the most consistant blogger in town...but I love to when I do it!

    @Angela...I haven't seen you around lately...I miss the forum...where are you hanging out at?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...