Monday, October 12, 2009

Missing in Action

So, you may ask, where in the world have I been? Well, for one thing...not blogging! Duh! Like you didn't already know that. Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you...weak attempt at humor.


I have been busy scrapping a bit, finding my way around the western suburbs, a bit; went on a grown up vacation with my hubby and some friends! We went to Traverse City, Michigan, and it is a little slice of heaven on earth. I even have scrapped a page from our trip...




We went to Mackinac Island (oddly pronounced makinaw? an Indian name of some sort) toward the end of our week there. It's a beautiful place..no motorized vehicles allowed. So you walk all around the island which is only 5 miles around. Or you can pay pay to ride in a horse drawn buggy. I really believe I would rather have the smell of car exhaust than that of horse "exhaust"! It was nauseating to me, and I grew up in Oklahoma farm country. The stench took away from how beautiful the water and homes there were. We retreated to the "sea shore" to escape the smell and busy-ness of downtown.

I also accepted a challenge from Laurie on DreamTalkin.ning to scrap a page without a picture.
I stumbled across some strawberry paper and had to tell my story about severe allergies. It was fun to do..glad I don't have pictures of my last attack, it was almost deadly.
If you aren't familiar with DreamTalkin, it is an attempt to start a social network to talk about scrapbooking. It is having a slow start, but at least I have a place to talk with my Oklahoma girls. Anyone is invited to join us..issue some challenges, etc.
And that is what I have been doing lately. I belong to about 3 (or is it 4?) scrapbook forums. We talk about our art, give each other kudos on layouts, and participate in challenges. I find it gives me the incentive to accomplish something in my craft. Everyday. Join up with one and start chatting.
I have another layout finished and I will put it on tomorrow...not next month, but tomorrow. Did you hear that Patty? Oh! I almost forgot..Mary, I have taken up knitting with a group of ladies at my new church here. I made a scarf!! A felted scarf. When it is fully shaped, I'll post it here Hope everyone is cropping and enjoying the wonderful fall weather. AND..
Keep Dreamin
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Love your strawberry layout, can't wait to read what it has to say!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...