Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall is in the air









Don't you just love fall? The crispness of the air, the new sweaters at Kohl's, and the leaves turning just makes me at peace. Yes, even the new sweaters at Kohl's, or any other store in fact! The colors and the knobby knits just make me want to want to snuggle up to a great book and fall asleep wrapped in their warmth.


And the leaves here are just getting spectacular. I know science can write off the reason for the change as a photosynthesis process, but I know it is just God playing with a paintbrush. He very intentionally gives us beauty so we can turn around and off Him the praise. So I do.


The first picture is the maple in our front yard. I took that picture about 3 weeks ago. Just to keep track of it.
My leaves are a little stubborn with turning. But it is coming along.The second picture is today, at approximately the same area of the tree.The picture is deceiving. The leaves look darker than the are because it is a very overcast day. And I zoomed in from the porch. (I can't walk in the yard with my Piggie houseshoes on! They'll get wet)



This last picture show the dew (rain?) on the leaves and a better look at the really changing of the leaves. Just magnificent!


I have lot's of time here to reflect on the changing of nature. And so do you. Keep your camera ready. In your car, in your purse, or on the table by the window. Leave 10 minutes early to that next meeting, soccor match, or event. Then pull off the road and take a picture of the leaves that take your breath away. Or the kids playing in the leaves. Or ducks on a pond. Stop and enjoy the things around you. They can become an embellishment on your next page, the front of a fall card, or the reason to start that mini album about your everyday life.

Oh, and while you are taking that extra 10 minutes...be sure to Praise God for His majesty


Keep Dreamin'

Pam















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...