Friday, October 24, 2008

What a Blessing

Girls, it pays to answer your phone! Mine rang about 4:25 yesterday afternoon. Pastor Greg here...are you free tonight? He had 2 FREE tickets to the Michael W. Smith/Steven Curtis Chapman concert...and could I use them!!! Smitty is my friend Lisa's absolute favorite and because of finances, we didn't have tickets. A quick phone call was all needed to start our journey! It as at the Spirit Bank Arena (or whatever they call it). Traffic was a dead stop on Memorial, so, geniuses that we are, we went back to Mingo and up. Here's a little word to the wise..when you can see the Spirit Bank on 101st St...don't be tempted to pull into that parking lot by the movie theater. There was a giant ditch (flood control) and as you walked closer, a 7 or 8 foot drop-off, with a 2 rail fence. I don't know who found it, but there was a step ladder...so, through the fence and down the ladder we went. Some of us will do anything to get a free concert.
But the concert was fabulous, Steven talked about the death of his daughter, Maria, last May. And about how God has started healing their entire families hearts. I sobbed. But listening to his music, I saw a pattern in his words. God had been preparing him through his music for this one moment in his life. It was such an uplifting and encouraging evening. I wish you all would've shared it with us. Thanks Pastor Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

My real Merriest Tree Blog

     Hello Dreamers! Let's try this with a little more detail and some design elements in it! I wanted to make it home in time to make t...